AOS Orchid Forum  

Go Back   AOS Orchid Forum > Orchids > Growing in the home

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 AM
jean2's Avatar
jean2 jean2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 155
Default

I tried to grow orchids using a peat perlite mix instead of orchid bark. I water it less often and my plants grow better than before. They thrived and I start growing some of my Oncidiums, Miniature Cattleyas, Cattleyas and Dendrobiums in a straight peat medium. Though I am successful, I was worried because I haven't heard any recommended peat mixes for orchids. Later I found Professor Yin-Tung Wang of Texas had studied Phalaenophis grown in peat-mixes and confirmed peat's effectiveness. We can consider peat based orchid medium because it is easy to say when to water, watering is easier and you can use water less often, peat keeps your orchid evenly moist and helps your orchid feed. It is easy to repot orchids growing in peat and to prepare fresh peat mix to use. So that’s it. If you’re a home grower, and you want to grow healthy orchid plants with less work, you should give peat a try. Click http://bit.ly/s2GWgc If you want to grow great orchids
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Tags
growing orchids, orchids, peat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.