AOS Orchid Forum  

Go Back   AOS Orchid Forum > Welcome > Introductions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-15-2010, 09:15 PM
adelia2010 adelia2010 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Croix USVI
Posts: 6
Default Hello from St. Croix US Virgin Islands

Hello forum,

My name is Adelia and I live in the Virgin Islands. About three years ago, I picked up a dtps from a reputable hardware garden shop and unbeknown to me it had a bug...the bug that carried Orchid Fever,.

The orchid fever has run rampage that I now have almost 200 orchids, give or take a few. I have aproximately 70-80 phals, 30-35 dens, 40-50 catts, 20-25 onc and 10 misc gen orchids. I've lost some due to the weather, or sometimes lack of time or maintenance. I grow my orchids in a shade house in my back yard since the tempetature rarely gets below 60degrees at nite. I'm very excited to join this forum, and hope to be able to learn as much as I can.

I'm very happy and proud to say, I've been a member of our local society for three years. This year I participated in our local show ( I wasn't going to, one of the members twisted my arm) and won an HCC with 78 points for my Otaara.Island Flare 'Fragrant'.

I look forward to learning from everyone of you and I hope you are ready for a boat load of questions.

Best Regards,
Adelia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg otaara.island flare.jpg (3.3 KB, 6 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Marci in SoFL's Avatar
Marci in SoFL Marci in SoFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 405
Default

Hello Adelia and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have certainly caught the 'fever!' Congrats on your FCC! Gorgeous flowers!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Irma Irma is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 12
Default

Hola Adelia! Hello, and welcome to the AOS forum. Congratulations again on you award ( I was one of the judges...lol ). That's my photo, but, of course you can use it here!
And thank you for all your help carting us judges all around Christiansted!

Irma Selles
PS, Loved the Pub.....

PS#2,
Here is a link to the Orchid Source Forum where all the award photos can be seen:

http://forum.theorchidsource.com/ubb...tml#Post232485
The OSF has a special section for AOS news.

Last edited by Irma; 03-19-2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Add info
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2010, 07:46 PM
adelia2010 adelia2010 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Croix USVI
Posts: 6
Default

Hola Irma, I enjoyed your company. I look forward to your "driver" next time. Thank you for the picture, since I never got a chance to take a good one like this one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
trdyl's Avatar
trdyl trdyl is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mountain Home, Idaho
Posts: 45
Default

Hello and welcome. Congratulations on your award!
__________________
Ted
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.