AOS Orchid Forum  

Go Back   AOS Orchid Forum > Orchids > Greenhouse

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 10-20-2010, 01:38 PM
DavidCampen DavidCampen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 41
Default Reverse Osmosis systems

Has anyone here constructed their own RO system? What sort of waste to product water ratio are you using?

I have found this web site to be a good reference:
http://www.spectrapure.com/

For most simple home systems it seems that a waste to product ratio of about 3:1 or 4:1 is being used. I plan to design and construct my own RO system and I am hoping to get the waste to product ratio closer to 1:1 without untoward membrane fouling. I will use 2 membranes in series so that I can get a higher axial flow rate along the membranes so as to flush the scale and if necessary I may inject CO2 or citric acid as an antiscalant.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Tags
osmosis, water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.