AOS Orchid Forum  

Go Back   AOS Orchid Forum > Welcome > Forum Questions and Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-21-2010, 04:41 PM
nancypantsy nancypantsy is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Default How to get dendrobiums to flower?

I have a dendrobium that has purple flowers. I lost the tag so I do not know its name. I have had it about 3 years and I have split the plant into 2 daughter plants and re-poted them. I'm getting vegatative growth on both, but not flowers. The leaves are a medium green.and look healthy. Do I need more light, or should I put the plant in a cooler area to initiate a spike (thats what I do to get Phaels to spike). Any suggestions would be helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2011, 02:06 PM
richardb richardb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 32
Default

Try letting it dry out for a few weeks for a rest.
Richard
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Mike_B.,Alexandria,VA's Avatar
Mike_B.,Alexandria,VA Mike_B.,Alexandria,VA is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 110
Default

They like to be pot bound for blooming. If the recent growths are mature and the plants are in a south facing window and you are letting them dry out between watering then patience is all that's called for.

If you have different conditions, let us know and we can help out.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2011, 12:47 AM
surachais,Thai surachais,Thai is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14
Smile

dendrobium is tropical orchid need day temp > 21 celcius and sunny, normal shading 50%,new shoot maturity in 8 months,normally we give 20-20-20 alternate 16-8-32 to stimulate growth,for flowering change to high P :10-52-10, 13-40-13,15-30-15,6-32-32 2-3 times weekly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.