AOS Orchid Forum  

Go Back   AOS Orchid Forum > Welcome > Forum Questions and Suggestions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 05-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Fallon Fallon is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 1
Question what is safe to waterproof red cedar benches

Hello all,
I have never joined a forum before so feel free to provide any feedback necessary. My question is Re: red cedar benches that I am preparing for my small heated greenhouse. I recently replaced my original ones that lasted approx. 15 yrs. and were not water proofed. I am now considering a sealer but am concerned over the safety for my orchids sitting directly on the bench. I also wondered if the sealer could eventually peel with weekly water. The former benches remained clear of algae etc but merely dry rotted. Any suggestions or shared experience would be appreciated.
Fallon
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.